3 Ideas For Spring Home Improvement Projects In Atlanta, GA
Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” Spring brings out the desire to swing open and roll up your sleeves to get your house looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Atlanta to give your home a fresh start.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is the perfect time to check that all of your home’s systems are working properly for the summer. Homeowners in Atlanta should inspect these things every spring:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by changing your furnace and air conditioning filters. Many HVAC companies offer this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your loved ones safe by testing your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms. Put new batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Fix the caulking as you go. Install window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to increase your window’s energy efficiency. Open each window to make sure that they can freely move.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
The best way to make your house shine is with a deep clean. First, declutter each room to open up the area. After that, clean areas you don’t wipe down every week such as kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Wipe your fixtures to give them a shine. Move your furniture to clean and vacuum under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture.
Let in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your windows and screens to remove smudges and dust. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’ve cleaned your house, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The simplest way to redecorate your rooms is to find new ways to use things you already have. You can give your room a whole new look by rearranging the furniture. You can also shop your house. This means you switch out the items you already own between rooms. Bring in more color with fresh paint, bright accent pillows, and plants.
If you want to completely redo the look of a room, then browse through our idea gallery for ideas and inspiration. It’s brimming with photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for any space in your house. Once you’ve picked colors and the style for your room, you can look for paint colors, furniture, and accent pieces.
Window treatments are a simple piece to update that matches your existing décor and brightens your home. You can pick from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters. We also offer blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
Take a look at our design tips for more ideas for your home. And if you find a look and window treatment that you love, give us a call at 404-962-8517 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our team will help you find the perfect window treatment to give your room a beautiful, fresh look this spring.